In 15 days, National ALS Awareness month begins.
ALS is indiscriminate in the types of people who will be affected by this disease. ALS can be devastating to both the person and to their friends and family. At present there is no known treatment or cure for ALS. If a cure or greater understanding of ALS is achieved, then it is likely that this will benefit research into related conditions like Parkinson’s, Huntington’s and Alzheimer’s disease.
There are several ways one can participate in ALS Awareness Month:
- Donating money to help fight this disease
- Becoming inspired after reading and listening to stories about people with this condition
- Advocating for people with ALS
- Staying connected with ALS News and Updates
- Getting involved with various events to help raise awareness such as Drive Out ALS.
Register for this inaugural event by Saturday, May 4. Email questions to DriveOutALS@gmail.com